Thursday, June 14, 2012

Get a little dirty.

My eagerness for my daughter to arrive paired with my obsessive cleaning OCD I get while pregnant resulted in me being a little challenged the other day. Challenged to let go and not worry so much. To not worry about her arriving "late" and to not worry about little messes. 

Truth is we learn the most when life is messy. The same goes with our children. So I've been working on letting go a little, even though at the end of the day it might mean more laundry and a little more elbow grease to scrub little hand prints off the wall. So today when Riley sat in the mud, I grabbed my camera instead of removing him from the mess.....




"We all know how mud feels between our toes; not because we like to walk in mud as adults, but because we were allowed to get a little dirty as children."




1 comment:

  1. Mud is very nice to feel
    All squishy-squashy between the toes.
    I'd rather wade in wiggly mud,
    Then smell a yellow rose.

    Nobody else but the rosebud knows
    How nice mud feels
    Between the toes.

    ReplyDelete