Saturday, December 31, 2011

FRESHY fresh 2012

I feel a little cliche for writing on the eve of the new year, but Ecclesiastes pretty much says nothing you say or do is really all that new, so I'm over pretending to be original....

With that said, I must say I'm really excited to be starting a new year. Last night I was thinking about the greatness that a "new year" brings. I'm kind of a planner and organizer, and there's something refreshing about getting to start all over. I know that God doesn't really operate within our levels of time, but He created us and He knew that we would operate with schedules, times, plans, etc. So I love that He gives us the feeling of starting over with the coming of a new year. Grace gives us a similar feeling of being made new and there is really something powerful in that. 

I'm glad to be closing the door to this year and ready for the surprises, joys and even trials of the year to come. I'm ready to start over. I'm ready to get back into a routine with my quiet time with God, I'm ready to dig into the Word and come to know God even more, I'm ready to eat a little healthier, I'm ready to be a little more active even during this pregnancy, I'm ready to close certain doors and way ready for certain ones to open, I'm ready to be the mother to a two year old and an infant, I'm ready to be a better wife and friend, I'm ready to really pray to our powerful God unceasingly for things heavy on my heart, I'm ready to watch my husband finish his schooling and hopefully begin his career and I'm ready for so much more. 

I love a fresh start like I love fresh towels from the dryer. 

Above all I know I'm ready to dig deeper with Jesus this year and coming to know God more will impact every corner of my life, and I can't think of anything more exhilarating. 


HAPPY NEW YEAR. HAPPY FRESH START. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year to the Grove's! I love fresh a fresh start and fresh towels from the dryer, too :) Your blog post is very uplifting, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete