Monday, December 31, 2012

SEE ya 2012!

I want my life to be about Jesus. I want to live and breathe Him and His love. This year as 2012 comes to a quick close, I am sitting and thinking about the good, what I've learned, what I wish I could have done differently and how I've changed. I'm coming to know the Lord more, yet with each new sort of revelation of God, I realize I have more and more to learn and I find myself so hungry for God. 2012 was hard and amazing all in one. My beautiful baby girl was by far my highlight for this year. Coming smack dab in the middle of the year, she came in her own timing and has truly reminded me of how much we all need God's "Grace". Her name was given to her because of that very reason. Grace is a tough thing to define and really understand. I like this quote by John Piper; "Grace is not simply leniency when we have sinned. Grace is the enabling gift of God not to sin. Grace is power, not just pardon."  The pardon of sin is awesome, the power to not sin is just amazing. I want to tap into that power and live more of Jesus and less of me. (John 3:30) I am excited for what's to come and to get to know Jesus more this year. I want to be held accountable to some of the things I wish for 2013 so I am going to put my goals out for everyone to see :) What do you want to see happen in 2013??


2013 Goals

Daily Goals
-Wake up by 6:30am weekdays and go to bed earlier
-Spend at least 5 minutes in the Word each day
-Instill daily chores and routine for Riley; make bed, put silverware away, help dust and vacuum, set table for dinner, straighten room each day
-Read Bible with Tyler, Riley and Grace every night
-Actively spend time thinking about blessings and giving thanks
-Pray for Tyler 5 minutes a day
-Sing and play worship music throughout the day
-Wash, dry, fold and put away a load of laundry
-Pray for Riley and Grace 5 minutes a day
-Spend one hour a day JUST PLAYING with Riley and Grace
-Rest during nap time

Weekly Goals
-Meal plan every Thursday for the week 
-Use and stick to a weekly cleaning schedule found here and here
-Do school with Riley 3 times a week
 -Actively, quietly pray at least 60 minutes a week
-Work out on elliptical 3 times a week for 30 minutes each time
-Write; journal, blog, etc
-Memorize one verse a week found here
-Attend mommy play dates or school days once a week
-Attend library or swim lessons for Riley and Grace once a week 

Monthly Goals 
-Go on a date with Tyler once a month
-Tithe each month
-Spend time once a month crafting and sewing
-Spend one day a month without children out of the house with my mom
-Spend some time hanging out with my dad on one Friday a month
-Spend some time adding to decor and homey feel in our home
-Take Riley on a mommy and me date once a month
-Pay bills and organize budget for the month


Yearly Goals with deadline
-Determine 2013 budget and stick to it (January 31st)  
-Organize front closet (January 31st)
-Organize a mommy's homeschool group (February)
-Organize kitchen (February 28th)
-Fix paint on walls (March)
-Organize data on computer onto portable hard drive (March)
 -Redecorate our bedroom (April)
-Organize dining room (April 30th)
-Organize and install shelves in the garage and attic (May 30th)
-Landscape improvements (June 1st)
-Teach Riley to write the alphabet and his name (June 30th)
-Organize living room (June 30th)
-Pay off some debt to be determined by Tyler and I (July 1st)
-Organize Bedrooms and bathrooms (July 31st)
-Install baseboards, new windows, new roof (August)
-Take one family vacation (September)
-Go to mountains or coast with just Tyler once (November)
-Actively witness (not just gospel story) to two people about Jesus (December 31st)

Service Goals
-Find ways to serve the community as a family
-Volunteer time and help coordinate events at church
-Find ways to give to and LOVE others
-Pray for others on spot when encouraged by Holy Spirit
-Complete this entire list, found here by December 31st
-Figure out a way to serve an orphan and a widow through out the year








No comments:

Post a Comment